FCR Features and Benefits
Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loans Program is for Skilled Newcomers who want to get back into their professional field or alternative related career. The FCR loans program offers multiple loan amounts of up to $30,000 depending on the process, to cover the cost of credentialing along with a flexible repayment schedule.
What is Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loans Program?
Foreign Credential Recognition is a process to verify that the education and work experience obtained in another country is equivalent to the standards established by the Canadian workforce. The time it takes to get foreign credentials recognized may vary from profession to profession.
How Does the Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loans Program work?
Foreign Credential Recognition Loans Program not only offers financial assistance but helps skilled newcomers with the following:
- One-on-one Career Professional Guidance
- Review Credentials and Work Experience
- Prepare a detailed Career Action Plan with the current Labour Market Information
- Regulatory Process Pathway options
- Resume Review and Resume Building
- Professional BC Plan Advising
- Professional Technology Advising
- Volunteer /Mentorship opportunities
- Job placement in your professional field
- Provide Multiple Loans up to $30,000 for:
- Credential Evaluation
- Short-term Training Courses
- Examination Fees
- Membership Fees
- Financial Literacy Online Courses for Budgeting
Who is Eligible?
Skilled Newcomers who meet the following requirements & BC residents;
- Permanent Resident, Canadian Citizen, Temporary Resident, or Refugee with legal document representing working status in BC.
- Proof of education credential and work experience outside Canada.
- Residents of BC
Register Now To Get Back Into Your Professional or Alternative Related Career Field
Why Choose Us?
- The loan can be used for credential evaluation, training costs, examination, membership fees, course material, and travel costs
- Multiple loans from $1,000 to $30,000
- Repayment period is from one year to ten years
- Flexible monthly payments
- Competitive low-interest rate (Prime + 0%)
- Different from Banks, Credit Unions, and Student Loans: FCR loans program is different from Bank and student loans as our main focus in processing the application is based on character assessment.
- Eligibility to apply: If you are a Skilled Newcomer who just arrived in Canada with no credit history, or you have been living in Canada for a period of time, the FCR loan program can help you receive financial support to get back to your profession or alternative related career.
- Flexible payments without any penalty: You are able to make additional or early repayments without any pre-payment penalty.
- Postpone payments: If needed, you may be able to postpone up to 2 monthly payments over a 12-month period