Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loan Program helps Internationally Trained Professionals to get back into their professional field or alternative related career field.
The program also offers multiple loan amount up to $15,000 depending on the process, to cover the cost of credentialing along with a flexible repayment schedule.
What is Foreign Credential Recognition Loan Program?
Foreign Credential Recognition is a process to verify that the education and work experience, obtained in another country, is equivalent to the standards established by Canadian work force. The time it takes to get the foreign credentials recognized may vary from profession to profession.
How the Foreign Credential Recognition (FCR) Loan Program works?
- Review credentials and work experience
- Prepare a detailed career action plan
- help to choose the alternate or related career
- One-on-one career/financial support counsellors
- One-on-one mentorship support
- Resume Review and resume building
- Professional BC Plan Advising
- Professional Technology Advising
- Volunteer /Mentorship opportunities
- Job placement in your professional field
- Provide multiple Financial support as a Loan up to $15,000:
- Credential Evaluation
- Short-term training courses
- Examination fees
- Membership fees
- Financial Literacy workshop
Who is eligible?
You are eligible, if:
- You are a Canadian citizen
- You are a Permanent Residence
- You are a Refugees with legal document representing working status in BC.
- You have a proof of education credential, work experience and designation obtained in foreign country.
- You have the eligibility to apply for a loan and credit worthy.